PhIP-09: Expanding the Multisig to 5/12

Summary

This proposal seeks to expand our treasury’s multisig from 9 owners to 12. The goal is to make our multisig a 5/12 to alleviate delays in executing transactions. Please vote to approve/disapprove this idea, as well as nominate yourself if you would like to be one of the new multisig owners.

Motivation

Frankly, we are not executing transactions from our treasury quick enough, with recent transactions taking upwards of 10 days. With this proposal, our multisig will still require a robust number of individuals to sign and approve the transaction. Our goal is to streamline the process and execute transactions in less than 24 hours.

Process

To streamline this election process, we are asking DAO members to use this Discourse post to both approve/disapprove of this idea, as well as to self-nominate. Here’s how this will work:

1. This post will stay open for 5 days.
  2. After 5 days, we will move forward with this idea if we have a simple majority of ‘approve’ with at least three votes.
  3. If there are only three nominees, we will move straight to a Snapshot poll (5% quorum of circulating supply) open for 5 days to approve these three.
  4. If there are more than three nominees after this post ends, we will create a separate Discourse post for 5 days to ask DAO members to vote for their top candidates before moving those candidates to Snapshot.

Application

Nominees will need to answer these prompts by replying to this post:

• Discord handle
  • Reason for applying
  • Describe your involvement thus far in Phonon DAO
  • Qualifications - Do you agree that we should be able to execute transactions within 24 - 48 hours?

Next Steps

1. Vote to approve/disapprove of this post
  2. Nominate yourself!
Do you approve of this proposal?
  • Approve
  • Disapprove

0 voters

2 Likes

will nominate myself pending a security review from rake

3 Likes

Do signers have additional roles and responsibilities, or is this nomination strictly to process treasury transactions on behalf of our governance process?

The latter. Mainly being available to process/sign transactions on behalf of the DAO.

• Discord handle: hinchy.eth#7765
  • Reason for applying: Already obsessed with Phonon DAO. Want to become more involved. Would love to become an active member of the multisig.
  • Describe your involvement thus far in the Phonon DAO: Created the new GRID redeem site, Dev kit owner, daily discord user
  • Qualifications - Defi native & experienced at key management. Yes I believe transaction should be executed in 24-48 hours.
4 Likes
  • Discord handle:
    Señor

• Reason for applying:
    I would be quick to sign, since I am active on Discord.

• Describe your involvement thus far in Phonon DAO:
    Discord participant since day 1; Artist behind the silly custom blue phonon emojis; Phonon and Dev Kit Owner; Actively tinkering and experimenting with codebase (see Developer channel)

• Qualifications - Do you agree that we should be able to execute transactions within 24 - 48 hours?:
    Yes, proposals passed from our governance process should not be slowed by the multi-sig process. And I’d use my lattice to sign.

5 Likes
  • Discord Handle:
    Rake#8118

• Reasons For Applying:
    Kinda always online && Always eager to get things moving

• Involvement in Phonon thus far:
    Active dao participant. King of spam and DMs - always pushing to get things done (admitely - i’m quite the pain the ass) - Total Phonon Goat

• Qualifications: Do you agrre that we should be able to execute txns within 24-48hs?
    Yes hopefully sooner. Sign transactions w/ my lattice though i do also have push notifications enabled w/ Gnosis Phone App

3 Likes
  • Discord handle: clamato#1746
  • Reason for applying: Active DAO Member and excited to help to get things moving faster. Excited for the protentional Phonon has.
  • Describe your involvement thus far in the Phonon DAO: Actively working in the communications working group and often on the discord.
  • Qualifications - I should be able to execute transactions within 24-48 hours.
3 Likes

You’re shameless.

• can we please throw tuesday’s name in the hat?!
    Tuesdays#0001
    Reasons for Applying: Clearly needs more responsability.
    Qualifications: he clearly wants it.