G-UNIT working group proposal

Goatriders United

Phren glowman andrew suggested a specific format for working group self-nominations.

As always, phon/ongod charted his own path forward.
Read our pheverdream to understand the logic of our proposal.
pheudalism plus

Involvement thus far in the Phonon DAO

Do you support the establishment of G-UNIT?

• Approve
  • Disapprove
0 voters

I voted yes. 750k/mo seems like a lot but I believe phonongod will spend it wisely.

@phonongod a couple of questions, if you don’t mind:

1. I’m not sure I’m fulling following here. You are requesting 750k PHONON monthly from the DAO; once this 750k hits phonongod.eth, you are going to send the entirety of it to the G-UNIT multisig? Or you are going to send 375k to the multisig and use the other 375k for your half of the bounties?

2. If you are sending the full 750k to the multisig, am I correct that you are going to pay half of every bounty with non-DAO funds (either your own money or donations to phonongod.eth)?

3. In the event you don’t use all 750k for the month, will you accept another 750k on top of the excess, or will you only request enough to get your coffers back up to the 750k?

4. How will you administer this? Via discord (as is done now), or will you adopt Dework or some other tool?

5. Do you have any plans for record keeping and/or reporting back to the DAO (on some regular basis) the bounties you’ve given out? It might be nice if every so often you’re pheverdream is a list of bounties you’ve paid out (and results, if applicable).

Thanks for taking the time to think this out and put the proposal together!

1. I’m not sure I’m fulling following here. You are requesting 750k PHONON monthly from the DAO; once this 750k hits phonongod.eth, you are going to send the entirety of it to the G-UNIT multisig? Or you are going to send 375k to the multisig and use the other 375k for your half of the bounties?

We are not sending half. Some months the mutlisig will get all of it. Early on, and before the multisig is deployed we will keep more of it in phonongod.eth. The sole purpose is so that we can deploy quickly and not wait for multisig. Over time we imagine 75%+ will be sent to the multisig to deploy and only the fastest moving proposals will come directly from phonongod.eth. This is an issue of speed, nothing else.

1. If you are sending the full 750k to the multisig, am I correct that you are going to pay half of every bounty with non-DAO funds (either your own money or donations to phonongod.eth)?

We are not paying half of every bounty. We have committed to payout out any and all PHONON in phonongod.eth to bounties / community activities / advancement of PHONON. Some months phonongod.eth may pay out more or less than the multisig, it depends on speed of which proposals need funding.

1. In the event you don’t use all 750k for the month, will you accept another 750k on top of the excess, or will you only request enough to get your coffers back up to the 750k?

Absolutely we will accept it. We are not going to indiscriminately pay out the PHONON we have. If there are good bounties we will pay it. If there are shit one month, or nobody steps up, we will hold it and then can offer larger bounties for larger projects.

1. How will you administer this? Via discord (as is done now), or will you adopt Dework or some other tool?

We will create a new channel on discord. There phonongod will post idea for bounties and have open discussion. Once a monarch is chosen, they will create a dework and manage more there. Everything will be in the open. Every PHONON will be accounted for.

1. Do you have any plans for record keeping and/or reporting back to the DAO (on some regular basis) the bounties you’ve given out? It might be nice if every so often you’re pheverdream is a list of bounties you’ve paid out (and results, if applicable).

Every payment will be recorded in the channel on discord, whether it was paid directly by phonongod or through the multisig via dework. Good idea on the pheverdream bounty idea. Perhaps every 10 or so paid bounties we can make a recap. What’s important though is that everyone in the DAO has full visibility into where all payments were made. This is why the channel must be open to everyone and that all bounties are open to everyone.

On separate note, we would love for you to be part of the multisig and dework team, mr. andrew.

1 Like

https://snapshot.org/#/phonon.eth/proposal/0x00ab797ffd70f7e143a83239b4037ee68acecbe282d7b1e3b0928272f53f7124

Get voting, if you wish

I voted no.

This line concerned me: “paying for architecting designs from pheverdreams”. A considerable number of your blog posts promote a political ideology I detest. All use language that are dangerously anti-egalitarian.

While other blog posts focus on the phonon tech stack and its applications (including designs I’d help build), how do I know to which pheverdreams you are referring? Would we be funding tech, or your ideology?

I agree with the need to empower individuals with money and agency to make decisions without collective buy-in. Speed is good. But, since your decision to lash back at members of the community when broached about the political nature of your blog posts (including me), I question your judgment and cannot support your request for power.

Ohhhhhhhhhh so you’re the one …
Well … at least he had the cojones to come out and say it .
lol. just playing with you Sen :wink:

1 Like